Lise Nikolic Nielsen
Dyrlægevej 16, 1870 Frederiksberg C
Professor (mso) and research group leader for veterinary clinical pathology and the veterinary diagnostic laboratory (VETLAB).
I have been a veterinarian since 2001, and I am qualified from the Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University.
Prior and present positions
- Clinical practice 2001-2002, and work with foot and mouth disease in Scotland
- 2002-2003: internship University of Glasgow, UK
- 2003-2006: residency in internal medicine and oncology, University of Glasgow, UK
- 2006-2011: PhD in biomarkers in cancer in Bernese Mountain dogs, University of Copenhagen, DK
- Maternity leave 2009 (part time PhD student 2010-2011)
- 2011-2012: Post Doc Veterinary Oncology/Assistant Professor Veterinary Oncology
- 2012-2015: Senior Research Scientist, Novo Nordisk A/S
- 2015-2016: Assistant professor in medicine, UCph, DK
- 2016-2018: Associate professor Vet Clin Path
- 2018- Professor (mso) in Vet Clin Path
Clinical pathology spands a wide area and covers any molecular marker i diferent types of biological material in the living animal. Our lab, VETLAB (https://vetdiagnostik.ku.dk/) supports both the two University Veterinary Hospitals with diagnostic analyses, but also clinical practices in Denmark, internal and external research units, and zoos in Denmark.
My own research fields cover:
- Identification of minimally invasive biomarkers for (early) disease detection in dogs and cats.
- Validation of novel diagnostic and prognostic clinical biomarkers in a range of species
- Pathophysiological connection between haemostasis and inflammation in chronic medical and oncological conditions
I have taught pre- and post graduates since 2002. Currently I teach Veterinary students in their 4th to 6th year, I give courses for veterinarians in clinical practice and lectures both nationally and internationally.
Conflict of interest
The Veterinary Diagnostic laboratory perform analyses upon request for a range of biotech companies, clinical practices, zoological parcs and other universities.
As a researcher myself, within the last 5 years, I have had:
A formalised research collaboration with Eiken A/S, Japan and RefLab ApS, Denmark.
Speaker engagement with VETgruppen, IDEXX, Elanco (Denmark), Evidensia (Sweden) and ECVIM.