ENGLISH > About the department
About the Department
Our department contributes through teaching, research and dissimination within veterinary clinical sciences to pre- and post-graduate education of veterinarians in Denmark and to the research-based development of veterinary clinical practice.
The Department employs approximately 160 persons (full-time equivalent; FTE) and we are located in different buildings at Frederiksberg Campus and in Taastrup.Integrated in the Department is the
University Hospital for Companion Animals (Universitetshospitalet for Familiedyr) located at Dyrlægevej 16, Frederiksberg and
Large Animal Teaching Hospital located Agrovej 8, Taastrup
Our mission is to work for the benefit of animals and humans, and we do this through research, teaching, innovation and propagation at a work place based on shared values.
Our vision is to build on strong and internationally recognized scientific disciplines and build new standards for cross-disciplinary research, education and innovation within animal health and disease. Our aim is to be among the best public workplaces in Denmark.
- Internal medicine, Oncology, and Clinical pathology
- Medicine and Surgery
- Surgery, Neurology, and Cardiology
- Veterinary imaging
- Veterinary Reproduction and Obstetrics
- Dansk Veterinært Cancerregister
- SHARE: Synergy in Human and Animal Research
- CUBE: Copenhagen University's Biobank for Experimental Research
- University of Copenhagen Research Centre for Control of Antibiotic Resistance (UC-CARE)